The Renewable Energy Center Activities 2016
- Awarded full scholarships to 6 doctoral students, together with the Boris Mints Institute for Strategic Policy Solutions (http://www.bmiglobalsolutions.org)
- Awarded 10 travel scholarships ($500 each) to graduate students for presenting their work at conferences abroad.
- Supported energy 9 research projects, in collaboration with the Gordon Center for Energy Studies.
- Constructed and opened a new instructional lab for students projects in air-conditioning, in cooperation with the Porter School of Environmental Studies, and Electra M&E. The measured data is open to the public (https://environment.tau.ac.il/PSESbuilding/database).
- Organized a conference on “Energy Monitoring in Buildings”, together with Porter School of Environmental Studies (https://engineering.tau.ac.il/news/energy-porter).
- Provided support to “Engineers without Borders” for a group of TAU students, who traveled to Tanzania to design and install a clean water system in a local village (http://www.ewb.org.il/tauen).
- Supported 5 undergraduate students (2500 NIS each) for summer training in energy research labs at the Faculty of Engineering
- Organized a new forum for graduate students, meeting once a month to discuss energy issues.